You’ll monitor, assess and make recommendations with respect to compliance with the organization’s operating regulations, and will participate in the development of rules and directives that preserve the organization’s interests and advance its goals.
You're great at...
- Responding to inquiries submitted to the Compliance & Regulations in-box.
- Investigating alleged non-compliance with the organization’s operating regulations.
- Preparing first drafts of regulations consistent with policy declarations and guiding principles.
- Providing regulation interpretations.
- Evaluating and tracking requests for waivers and/or temporary exemptions requests.
- Reviewing transaction activity for regulatory reporting purposes.
- Developing and working within defined work-back schedules.
- Attending, taking minutes and, as appropriate, presenting at Member rule change consultation meetings.
- Participating in the review of Annual Compliance Program submissions from Members/Participants.
- Assisting in the management of the organization’s anti-money laundering compliance activities.
- Organizing and participating in the department’s annual Member event.
- Assisting with administration activities (e.g. maintenance of the intranet pages, publication of regulation amendments, and preparation of internal process documents).
- Promoting effective collaboration with business unit owners and with policy unit staff.
- Regularly updating internal process documents so as to ensure consistent and predictable handling of compliance and regulations processes.
- Providing recommendations to more senior Compliance & Regulations staff regarding:
- Enforcement of regulations.
- PCI international account data protection standards activities.
- Compliance & Regulations input on cross-functional projects; information requests/audit demands/other queries from legislative, regulatory or law enforcement entities.
Who are you?
- You have a university degree and 2 years of work experience in a compliance or policy development environment, or in an environment involving institutional clients.
- It’s preferred that you have experience drafting official documents or other formal communications.
- You have experience managing documents and data in an electronic database.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve a common goal.
- You’re able to multi-task, prioritize activities, and meet time-sensitive deadlines.
- You are resourceful, organized and possess sound judgment.
- You have strong writing, grammar and proof-reading skills.
- You’re able to research and/or investigate issues in order to execute on assigned tasks.
- It’s an asset if you’re able to speak and read French.
- You have solid critical thinking, analytical and problem resolution skills to analyze trends and impacts, identify options and implications, and propose practical solutions.
How we work
We know that exceptional people have great ideas and are passionate about their work. Our culture encourages excellence and actively rewards contributions with:
Connection: You’re surrounded by talented people every day who are driven by their passion of a common goal.
Core Values: They define us. Living them helps us be the best at what we do.
Compensation & Benefits: Pay is driven by individual and corporate performance and we provide a multitude of benefits and perks.
Education: To ensure you are the best at what you do we invest in you.
Interac is Canada’s leading payments brand and is chosen an average of 17 million times daily to pay and exchange money. Together, Interac Association and Acxsys Corporation operate an economical, world-class debit payments system with broad-based acceptance, 24/7/365 reliability, security, and efficiency.
For more than 30 years, Interac has facilitated secure financial transactions through the development of innovative and convenient digital debit and money transfer solutions. Interac products and services securely connect people to their money through Interac Cash, Interac Debit, Interac Flash, Interac Online, Interac e-Transfer and Interac e-Transfer bulk disbursement for commercial payments.
Interac is a leader in the prevention and detection of fraud with one of the lowest rates of fraud globally.
Visit interac.ca and follow us @interac for more information.
Interac believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of the Human Resources department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process or want more information about our Accessibility Policy, which is also available online here.