Who we are
Interac is Canada’s leading payments platform. Canadians are using the service an average of 436,000 times every day. We are setting the standard for how Canadians choose to send and receive money digitally. At Interac, we are accelerating the growth of digital payment in Canada through the development of innovative solutions and need to hire a Director, Corporate Communications to spearhead our internal and external communications efforts.
Who you are
You’re a strategic leader with corporate communications experience under your belt. In your career, you have an impeccable track record for taking projects from an idea to full execution in an efficient manner. On top of that, you’re a collaborator. Your peers and direct reports know you as someone who can easily build trust and rapport with colleagues and clients alike.
Our Corporate Communications team is growing! This is an exciting opportunity for a leader to help shape the direction of our team moving forward.
Our new Director, Corporate Communications will:
- Be a champion. You will be charged with overseeing and championing the voice of the organisation in the core communications space by setting the corporate communications strategy and through the use of the appropriate tools and resources.
- Build relationships. It is your responsibility to build positive relationships and engage with the media to enhance public understanding of the organisation's activities and positions on major issues.
- Develop material. You will be at the forefront of creating material for executive speeches and presentations to promote and enhance the brand positioning, products and services and corporate direction of the organisation.
- Manage external relationships. You will manage sponsorships and partnerships that enhance the organisation’s reputation among key stakeholders.
- Coach our corporate spokespeople. While acting as a corporate spokesperson yourself, you will also be responsible for ensuring that the organisation has trained subject matter experts available for media and presentations.
- Oversee the Corporate Communications team. You will provide thought leadership on external communications, digital communications (social media), internal communications and corporate social responsibility trends, identifying new opportunities across all areas to enhance our voice.
- Lead crisis communications strategy. You will direct the crisis communications strategy and response activity.
A successful candidate will have:
- The education and experience. You have University degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, PR, journalism, communications. You have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in communications and public relations coupled with 5 years of people management experience.
- The media expertise. You have experience in media interviews (television and radio).
- Exceptional communication skills. When it comes to communication, you have the whole package. You are an excellent communicator, writer, editor, and presenter.
- The nice-to-have skills. While it’s not a requirement, a Bilingual (French and English) speaker and writer would be a fantastic asset to our team.
Need more reasons to join us?
At Interac, we know that exceptional people have great ideas and are passionate about their work. Our culture encourages excellence and actively rewards contributions with connection, compensation and continuing education. Our core values - integrity, candour, respect, innovation, collaboration, accountability, resourcefulness, agility and genuineness - define us, help us be the best at what we do and create a workplace you want to be part of.
If this sounds like the team you want to be part of and the place you want to grow your career, apply here or visit interac.ca and follow us @interac to learn more about us.
Interac believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of the Human Resources department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process or want more information about our Accessibility Policy, which is also available online here: https://www.interac.ca/en/accessibility.html.