Interac is Canada’s leading payments platform. Canadians are using the service an average of 436,000 times every day. We are setting the standard for how Canadians chose to send and receive money digitally. At Interac, we are accelerating the growth of digital payments in Canada through the development of innovative solutions and need to hire a Senior Project Manager to help pioneer our future.
If you are inspired by Agile methodology, passionate about delivery and think differently about problem-solving, we want to talk with you.
Who we need
In 2016, our fast-moving, versatile and responsive team launched Apple Pay for debit cards, this is a team that was given a business goal and self-organised to deliver a new product in record breaking time. Recently, we completed and launched Android Pay to the Canadian market and it’s just going to get more exciting from here!
Reporting to our Program Manager, we need a Senior Project Manager to join our core team and own the end-to-end project management process for multi-million dollar products. This is an opportunity for a Senior Project Manager who has strengths in building relationships with project partners, removing roadblocks and driving the work of an innovative team. Our team is our core asset here and we need someone who can help let them be their best! Interac needs a Project Manager with a proven track record of successfully delivering complex cross-functional projects on time, on budget and with high client satisfaction. Someone who can rapidly flex around urgencies and co-dependencies. We need a pioneer who is willing to take on new challenges in new frontiers. Someone excited about working within the restrictions of payment governance in a territory where there are no established standards or templates. This is a role for someone who is an expert at mitigating risks and defining proactive resolutions. Someone who wants to manage the details and the big picture.
Who you are
You are a Senior Project Manager with proven hands-on experience managing the delivery of products successfully. You are looking for an opportunity to do something different, something that will make an impact, something big! You want to drive the end-to-end project plan- from building out the specs to liaising directly with external partners. From championing innovation to managing change requests - without being buried in red tape and layers of hierarchy. You want to take on the leadership and mentoring of team members while actively contributing to the project management approach, strategy and processes.
As our new Senior Project Manager you will:
- Plan and execute projects under the PMO guidelines. You will ensure projects are planned and executed as per PMO processes and methodology. You will oversee the day-to-day operations through the application of best practice in project management principles and methodologies.You will work with the core team members to ensure that all elements of status/progress reports, dashboards, run rate metrics (burn downs) and financial tracking reports are complete and accurate You will consider the big-picture effects and proactively manage issues. You will contribute to our strategic direction.
- Own the end-to-end project management for complex products. You will oversee multiple projects; ensuring requirements are met to specifications. You will establish project schedules, manage communications and scope and oversee the project efforts. You will be responsible for the end-to-end process including detailed planning, budgeting, reporting, implementation, change management and training. You will expedite issues resolution, negotiating and influencing people at all levels to ensure project goals are met. You will be accountable for ensuring deliverables are achieved and for maintaining a high quality of the products built.
- Oversee project communications. You will drive the project communications ensuring timely delivery to project sponsors and senior management. You will lead and facilitate project retrospectives and requirement sessions, document outcomes and follow up on actions assigned to ensure completion.
- Manage the project resources. You will coach and lead project team members. You will work closely with business partners to ensure all approved project initiatives are resourced accurately and timely. You will provide administrative oversight of the resources throughout the life cycle of the project.
How do we know that’s you? You have:
- The ideal combination of education, certification and technical experience:
- A university degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related field. Bonus points for PMP Certification; Scrum Master Certification
- Hands-on technical skills. You have an understanding of product delivery and how the backend of a product is built and works. You have exposure to Agile software tools such as Atlassian, Jira and Confluence. Ideally, you also have experience with web, e-Commerce and mobile technologies.
- The experience. You are decisive and a solution-focused leader with 5+ years experience in project management, overseeing and delivering complex products, preferably on the digital or mobile side of retail, in an Agile environment. You are comfortable putting together a project plan to plan the future while simultaneously managing ongoing sprints as well as a scrum backlog.
- A calm demeanour. You are a skilled negotiator and navigator. You respond calmly and resourcefully to challenging situations, roadblocks, conflicts and change requests.
- Project Management skills. You are highly detail oriented and meticulous. Your focus is on accomplishing every milestone while ensuring processes are followed and issues are proactively dealt with.
- Relationship building expertise. You are an influencer. You have expertise working closely with internal and external stakeholders to identify business challenges and to develop effective strategies to realise visions and increase adoption.
- Transparent communication style. You are an outstanding communicator in formal, informal, large, small, verbal and written communications. You can effectively influence and work with people at all levels.
- A creative and process-oriented approach. You have strengths in strategic visioning and concept development.
- A drive to continuously improve. You can anticipate, understand and respond to the needs of internal and external project partners. You are driven to meet or exceed expectations. You are a forward thinker and can innovate solutions to keep the project - and the business - moving forward.
- Enthusiasm for working in a transforming environment. You thrive in a changing environment and welcome the opportunity to lead and implement growth and opportunity.
- Appreciation for cross-team collaboration. You can influence work in a multi-functional team environment with rapidly changing priorities under tight deadlines. You are flexible and open to the ideas of others.
Need more reasons to join us?
At Interac, we know that exceptional people have great ideas and are passionate about their work. Our culture encourages excellence and actively rewards contributions with connection, compensation and continuing education. Our core values - integrity, candour, respect, innovation, collaboration, accountability, resourcefulness, agility and genuineness - define us, help us be the best at what we do and create a workplace you want to be part of.
If this sounds like the team you want to be part of and the place you want to grow your career, apply here or visit interac.ca and follow us @interac to learn more about us.
Interac believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of the Human Resources department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process or want more information about our Accessibility Policy, which is also available online here: https://www.interac.ca/en/accessibility.html.