You’ll provide analytical and investigative support to the Compliance and Regulations department through gathering and examining information related to the organization’s Operating Regulations and will provide assistance in the development of rules and directives that preserve the organization’s interests and advance its goals. You’ll also provide support to the Compliance and Regulations department on various day-to-day business unit priorities and organizational initiatives.
You’re great at…
- Preparing first-level responses and responding to inquiries concisely and in a timely manner.
- Crafting first drafts of various documents or other formal communications and are able to ensure that expectations are clearly communicated, understood and effectively applied.
- Tracking projects, related deliverables and timelines while providing continuous support and co-ordination of key initiatives.
- Tracking, analyzing and prioritizing requests for waivers and/or temporary exemptions.
- Providing support, as needed, on cross-functional projects, information requests/audit demands/other queries from legislative, regulatory or law enforcement entities.
- Assisting in organizing audit submission documentation.
- Planning, organizing, and setting up meetings, forums, events and other engagements.
- Maintaining internal process documents to ensure consistent and predictable handling of departmental processes.
- Assisting with administration activities (e.g. meeting minutes, maintenance of the intranet pages, publication of regulation amendments, etc.).
Research & Analysis:
- Providing support in gathering information relevant to the issue to assist in analyzing a problem.
- Gathering, analyzing, and organizing information relative to an investigation.
- Identifying industry trends and concerns by collecting and analyzing client and marketplace data and advising your team of such findings.
- Assisting in membership relations and ensuring documentation is current, complete, and correct.
- Supporting and helping maintain stakeholder relationships with product, client management, operations, marketing and other functional departments.
Who are you?
- You have a University degree and 2 years of work experience (or equivalent work experience) in a compliance or policy development environment, or in an environment involving institutional clients.
- You exhibit meticulous attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills.
- You have demonstrated effective communication, research and analytical skills.
- You are a proven problem-solver and are able to work collaboratively with others to achieve a common goal.
- You have strong client and relationship management skills.
- You are a self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative with minimal support and guidance.
- You possess a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- You have experience managing documents and data in an electronic database.
How we work
We know that exceptional people have great ideas and are passionate about their work. Our culture encourages excellence and actively rewards contributions with:
Connection: You’re surrounded by talented people every day who are driven by their passion of a common goal.
Core Values: They define us. Living them helps us be the best at what we do.
Compensation & Benefits: Pay is driven by individual and corporate performance and we provide a multitude of benefits and perks.
Education: To ensure you are the best at what you do we invest in you.
Interac is Canada’s leading payments brand and is chosen an average of 17 million times daily to pay and exchange money. Together, Interac Association and Acxsys Corporation operate an economical, world-class debit payments system with broad-based acceptance, 24/7/365 reliability, security, and efficiency.
For more than 30 years, Interac has facilitated secure financial transactions through the development of innovative and convenient digital debit and money transfer solutions. Interac products and services securely connect people to their money through Interac Cash, Interac Debit, Interac Flash, Interac Online, Interac e-Transfer and Interac e-Transfer bulk disbursement for commercial payments.
Interac is a leader in the prevention and detection of fraud with one of the lowest rates of fraud globally.
Visit interac.ca and follow us @interac for more information.
Interac believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of the Human Resources department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process or want more information about our Accessibility Policy, which is also available online here.