Interac is Canada’s leading payments platform. Canadians are using the service an average of 436,000 times every day. We are setting the standard for how Canadians choose to send and receive money digitally. At Interac, we are accelerating the growth of digital payment in Canada through the development of innovative solutions and need to hire a Database Administrator and Data Architect to help pioneer our future.
If you have senior-level knowledge of Oracle DB performance tuning and administration practice, we would love to talk with you!
Who you are
You’re a Database Administrator and Data Architect who’s currently responsible for the design, implementation and technical support of your company's production databases and associated technologies. You perform tasks associated with data ETL development, performance tuning, capacity planning, and operational activities with professional expertise. This role is for an eagle-eyed Database Administrator - someone who can see the whole picture, not just the details.
As our new Database Administration and Data Architect, you’ll
- Solve problems. You’ll develop, and implement database system solutions to meet requirements for availability, capacity, transaction volume, performance, scalability, and security. You’ll also provide solutions to meet data security and compliance requirements.
- Create. Design and implement conceptual, logical and physical data models for transactional and data warehouse databases.
- Strategize. Provide strategies and solutions for automated management and monitoring of the database and transaction processing environments.
- Analyse and review. Analyse Oracle AWR/ADDM/ASH reports (proactive troubleshooting) on a daily basis and review SQL execution plans on critical application queries and build SQL profiles if needed.
- Collaborate. You’ll work closely with the application development team to support development efforts. Simultaneously, you’ll be responsible for supporting the data operations group for problem analysis and resolution.
- Communicate. You’ll identify and escalate critical support issues identified to Product Vendors.
What our DBA and Data Architect will bring
- The education and experience. University Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role.
- The technical knowledge.
- SQL tuning and database performance optimisation.
- Different types of Oracle database objects including indexes, partitioning, materialised views, keys.
- Performance tuning of Oracle databases, highly available transactional systems, data replication, and database clusters as well as data warehousing, operational data stores and large scale implementations.
- Database design/development using Oracle DB.
- Oracle replication/Oracle RAC implementations.
- Unix/Linux and Shell scripting.
- Experience with Cloudera and Talend products is an asset.
- Experience with AWS environments and AWS Redshift is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience with Oracle GoldenGate will be an asset.
- The communication skills. Good written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact with others in a team environment.
- The flexibility. Our new DBA and Data Architect will need to be on call based on a rotational schedule. Work outside of business hours will be required for deployment and maintenance activities.
Need more reasons to join us?
At Interac, we know that exceptional people have great ideas and are passionate about their work. Our culture encourages excellence and actively rewards contributions with connection, compensation and continuing education. Our core values - integrity, candour, respect, innovation, collaboration, accountability, resourcefulness, agility and genuineness - define us, help us be the best at what we do and create a workplace you want to be part of.
If this sounds like the team you want to be part of and the place you want to grow your career, apply here or visit interac.ca and follow us @interac to learn more about us.
Interac believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of the Human Resources department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process or want more information about our Accessibility Policy, which is also available online here: https://www.interac.ca/en/accessibility.html.