Interac is Canada’s leading payments company. Canadians are using Interac products an average of 436,000 times every day. We are setting the standard for how Canadians choose to send and receive money digitally. At Interac, we are accelerating the growth of digital payments in Canada through the development of innovative solutions and need to hire a UX Designer to help pioneer our future.
If you are inspired by mobile technology, passionate about design and genuinely intrigued about improving the customer experience journey, keeping reading!
Who you are
You’re obsessed with creating a flawless customer experience. Currently, you might be working on a digital team or at an ad agency specifically focused on design and customer experience. Ideally, you have design experience in both the physical and digital space. You thrive in enigmatic situations where you have the freedom to take an idea from just a concept to a meticulously mapped out user journey.
As our new UX Designer you will:
- Deep dive. You’ll submerge yourself in products to identify opportunities for improvement in the customer experience as well as new product features and offerings.
- Map out a user’s journey. Starting with the identified opportunities, you’ll design and visually map out solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Collaborate. The Interac digital product team is habitually intertwined and this role is no exception. You’ll work with product leads and developers to identify opportunities and tailor solutions to fit the situation.
- Facilitate. As the UX Designer, you’ll be expected to present ideas and facilitate workshops with confidence and ease. The ability to move on the fly and be flexible in your approach will be an asset.
How do we know that’s you? You have:
- The education. A post-secondary education in design, research or marketing or equivalent experience is required.
- The technical experience. Our UX Designer will have:
- End to end designs skills from concepting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design to final product.
- Extensive experience using graphic design tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite, Proto.io, InVision, Flinto.
- Demonstrated ability to produce and enhance wireframes to facilitate communication of recommended solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to create interactive prototypes.
- The communication skills. We need someone with impeccable written and verbal communication skills to work within and across our teams.
- A logical approach. This is a role for someone who will leverage research to create informed opinions and strengthen unbiased solutions for identified gaps in the current customer experience.
- A passion for the customer experience. We need someone who is genuinely an ardent fan of customer experience solutions. In this role, you’ll have an impact on what customers are going to be interacting with on a daily basis while driving our future technology design.
- A strong portfolio of product design work. Your extensive experience means you have a portfolio of creative, well thought out examples of your work which showcase your impeccable design skills - and we can’t wait to see them!
Need more reasons to join us?
At Interac, we know that exceptional people have great ideas and are passionate about their work. Our culture encourages excellence and actively rewards contributions with connection, compensation and continuing education. Our core values - integrity, candour, respect, innovation, collaboration, accountability, resourcefulness, agility and genuineness - define us, help us be the best at what we do and create a workplace you want to be part of.
If this sounds like the team you want to be part of and the place you want to grow your career, apply here or visit interac.ca and follow us @interac to learn more about us.
Interac believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of the Human Resources department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process or want more information about our Accessibility Policy, which is also available online here: https://www.interac.ca/en/accessibility.html.