Interac is Canada’s leading payments platform. Canadians are using the service an average of 436,000 times every day. We are setting the standard for how Canadians choose to send and receive money digitally. At Interac, we are accelerating the growth of digital payment in Canada through the development of innovative solutions and need to hire a Senior Automation Engineer to help pioneer our future.
If you are inspired by mobile technology, passionate about automation and think differently about problem-solving, we want to talk with you.
Who we need
We need a pioneer. Someone who is willing to take on new challenges in new frontiers. Someone excited about working within the restrictions of payment governance in a territory where there are no established standards or templates. We need a Senior Automation Engineer to develop, enhance and maintain all automation test suites for regression testing for Acxsys/Interac projects, with a focus on mobile.
This is an opportunity for a Senior Automation Engineer who wants to work on projects that include:
- Completing the full automation of the TSP. You will be a direct contributor to the improvement of our processes and productivity by enabling full automation testing of our system.
- Defining automation for our new interface for wallet providers. You will influence the development and determine the tools and technologies that will be needed to enable automation testing.
Who you are
You are a Senior Automation Engineer with proven hands-on experience with testing automation and payments. You are looking for an opportunity to do something different, something that will make an impact, something big! You want to drive the end-to-end Automation - from building automation process architecture, researching and recommending appropriate frameworks, to evaluating all scripts and recommending changes - without being buried in a team of dozens. You want to take on the leadership and mentoring of junior team members while actively contributing to the day-to-day work and long-term strategy.
As our new Senior Automation Engineer you will:
- Own and drive quality assurance testing. You will work with the QA Team to develop automation across all areas of the system including database, UI and Excel integration. You will implement test scripts according to the test plan.
- Maintain. You will ensure the existing automated test framework is stable and reliable, updating and enhancing tools as necessary.
- Manage the automation. You will coordinate tests tasks within the team, including code management and review.
- Be a team player. You will actively participate in weekly meetings; set and meet weekly sprint deliverables and provide support and training in automation to other members of the QA team.
- Collaborate with developers. You will raise bugs and errors and work alongside the development team and product management team to resolve all issues as efficiently as possible.
- Maintain certification artifacts. You will align certification with technical specifications and business requirements, contributing to certification specific documentation creation and updates.
- Design. You will create test cases to specifications, coordinating with the project team to drive clarity on requirements and specifications.
- Innovate. You will explore and research new initiatives and updates to standards. You will conduct an impact analysis to determine tools and processes for Interac/Acxsys systems.
- Perform update analysis. You will report on the impact of standards like EMVCo, GlobalPlatform, security and cryptography.
- Escalate. You will track vendor tasks and escalate critical issues.
How do we know that’s you? You have:
- A degree. You have a Computer Systems or Computer Engineering degree.
- A developer’s approach. This is a highly technical role that requires a development background and mindset. You have experience with JAVA and ideally Oracle PL SQL. You have strong knowledge of the development process for both large-scale distributed and centralised software applications.
- A passion for fintech. You have financial services and payment experience and knowledge. EMV isn’t a tool you can learn at school, so some level of payment systems exposure is critical.
- Smarts. It’s essential that you can pick up new technologies, methodologies and processes quickly. We are a small, nimble organisation that’s moving fast!
- Automation experience. You have experience in the development of automated tests that follow best practices and methodologies. You can create automation tests for:
- A continuous integration framework.
- Integration with various tools.
- A test plan based on business requirements and project specifications.
- Proven hands-on expertise with a range of automation testing tools including:
- Software testing tools including Selenium, JMeter, SOAP UI, and SOAP SONAR.
- API level automation tools.
- Tools used to execute user acceptance tests for web and mobile based testing.
- Scripting tools.
- Tools used to test web services and web-based modern applications.
- Focused and detail oriented. But not too focused. You are driven to accomplish your milestones; however, you can change priorities with ease without sacrificing the quality of your work.
Need more reasons to join us?
At Interac, we know that exceptional people have great ideas and are passionate about their work. Our culture encourages excellence and actively rewards contributions with connection, compensation and continuing education. Our core values - integrity, candour, respect, innovation, collaboration, accountability, resourcefulness, agility and genuineness - define us, help us be the best at what we do and create a workplace you want to be part of.
If this sounds like the team you want to be part of and the place you want to grow your career, apply here or visit interac.ca and follow us @interac to learn more about us.
Interac believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of the Human Resources department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process or want more information about our Accessibility Policy, which is also available online here: https://www.interac.ca/en/accessibility.html.