You’ll be responsible for the architecture, design and development, support, and maintenance of our data analytics platform. You’ll perform the tasks associated with data architecture, ETL development, performance tuning, capacity planning, and operational activities. You’ll need to have hands on development experience to be successful.
You’re great at…
- Architecting, building, developing, monitoring, maintaining and supporting data analytics solutions including availability, scalability, performance, data quality and data aggregation.
- Designing and implementing new components using various emerging Big Data technologies in a Hadoop eco system.
- Designing and assisting with ingestion of new data sources into the analytics platform including but not limited to ETL code development, data persistence design and processing logic.
- Designing and implementing conceptual, logical and physical data models for the data analytics platform.
- The performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and various Hadoop components.
- Suggesting scheduling/timing of database automatic jobs to avoid conflict with application processes.
- Translating business requirements into functional and technical specifications.
- Developing tools and utilities as needed.
- Supporting the data operations group for problem analysis and resolution.
- Participating in rotating on-call support.
Who are you?
- You have a University Degree in Computer Science Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- You have 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- You have a clear understanding of relational databases(Oracle) and NoSQL solutions like Hbase and MongoDB because you have lived and breathed it!
- You get Big Data analytics technologies in a Public Cloud environment (AWS, Azure).
- You’ve had exposure to Big Data technologies including the design, development, performance tuning, and operational activities involved.
- You have experience with data warehousing, operational data stores and large scale implementations.
- You’re a previous developer who has a good understanding of data integration technologies and methodologies (ETL tools driven, streaming, API driven).
- You have the ability to apply technology when solving business problems and are able to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You’re great at coaching other members of the Data Architecture team.
- You’re a strategic thinker who understands business requirements and ensures that the overall application architecture and solutions meet our business requirements with specific attention to future demands and functional growth.
How we work
We know that exceptional people have great ideas and are passionate about their work. Our culture encourages excellence and actively rewards contributions with:
Connection: You’re surrounded by talented people every day who are driven by their passion of a common goal.
Core Values: They define us. Living them helps us be the best at what we do.
Compensation & Benefits: Pay is driven by individual and corporate performance and we provide a multitude of benefits and perks.
Education: To ensure you are the best at what you do we invest in you.
Interac is Canada’s leading payments brand and is chosen an average of 17 million times daily to pay and exchange money. Together, Interac Association and Acxsys Corporation operate an economical, world-class debit payments system with broad-based acceptance, 24/7/365 reliability, security, and efficiency.
For more than 30 years, Interac has facilitated secure financial transactions through the development of innovative and convenient digital debit and money transfer solutions. Interac products and services securely connect people to their money through Interac Cash, Interac Debit, Interac Flash, Interac Online, Interac e-Transfer and Interac e-Transfer bulk disbursement for commercial payments.
Interac is a leader in the prevention and detection of fraud with one of the lowest rates of fraud globally.
Visit interac.ca and follow us @interac for more information.
Interac believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have the opportunity to succeed. We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Contact a member of the Human Resources department if you need accommodation at any point in the application process or want more information about our Accessibility Policy, which is also available online here: https://www.interac.ca/en/accessibility.html.